Vehicle Restrictions on Council Roads
Litchfield Council applies vehicle restrictions on roads to limit undue wear to Council's infrastructure and improve safety of other users. Signs detailing restrictions are in place on affected roads. It is the vehicle operator's responsibility to identify when a vehicle is operating outside general access restrictions and to contact Council in an exemption is requested.
- No articulated vehicles on Strangways Road west of Hayball Road, including from ramps off Stuart Highway at Gonnerman Road to Hayball Road and Forest Drive.
- No vehicle over 19m permitted on Henning Road.
- No vehicle over 19m permitted on Edwin Road (proposed)
Recommended Weight Restrictions
- No vehicle over 10 tonne load on Finn Road (entire length)
- No vehicle over 10 tonne load on Agostini Road
- No vehicle over 10 tonne load on Elizabeth Valley Road
- No vehicle over 10 tonne on Freds Pass Road between Strangways and Skewes Road (proposed)
Wide loads NT legislation specifies maximum dimensional and mass limits for vehicles which may travel on public roads in the Northern Territory.
For more information refer to the NT Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics.