What is the Litchfield Council Community Grants Scheme?
Council's Community Grants Scheme aims to support community projects and activities which address local needs, strengthen community relationships, build social inclusion and environmental sustainability, and enhance the well-being of Litchfield residents.
To align with these aims, the Scheme will support applications which fit with Council's Strategic Plan 2018-2022, three priority areas and nine outcomes.
There are three types of Community Grants available
- Annual Community Grants (up to $5,000)
- Community Initiative Grants (up to $500)
- Youth Development Grants (up to $500)
Grant amount up to $5,000
Annual Community Grants encourage new ideas, sustainable projects and activities, and build social cohesion while benefiting the Litchfield Community.
The Community Grant Guidelines provide further information about this grant. Please download and read these guidelines before applying.
- Be an incorporated group or not for profit organisation based in Litchfield or provide services, activities or projects for the Litchfield community
- Submit the application on the application form before the deadline
- Be able to show how the project or activity benefits the Litchfield community
- Have satisfactorily acquitted any previous grants from Litchfield Council
- Have no outstanding debts with Litchfield Council
- Be able to demonstrate they have minimal financial resources or limited ability to fundraise for the project or activity
- Be prepared to acknowledge Council's support for the project or activity
Applications Open: Monday 21 September 2020
Information Session: Monday 28 September, 5.30pm - 6.30pm at Council Chambers
Applications Close: Friday 16 October 2020
Applications Under Assessment: November 2020
Funding Distributed: December 2020
- Download an application form
- Review the Community Grant Guidelines
- Attend the support sessions listed above or give us a call on 8983 0600 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your application
- Make sure all questions on the application form have been answered
- Submit your application form in one of the following ways:
- Email to email@example.com
- Hand deliver to Council Office, 7 Bees Creek Road, Freds Pass
- Post to Community Development Officer, PO Box 446, Humpty Doo NT 0836
The Community Initiatives programme provides flexibility for Council to provide funding at any time for capacity building activities within the Municipality, assist individuals representing the Litchfield area, or make donations to fundraising appeals for local, major national or international issues.
The total pool of funding will be set each year in the Council budget with individual grants/donations/sponsorships up to a value of $500.
Applications can be made at any time of year, but must identify a need and benefit to the Litchfield Community. Applications will be assessed under delegation by the Chief Executive Officer and reported to Council on a quarterly basis.
Council recognises the significant costs associated with travelling for sport and recreation competitions as well as other training and development opportunities. The aim of the Youth Development Grants are to:
• develop the knowledge, confidence and skills of youth
• provide opportunities for the youth to learn and develop the tools and skills required to assist them in their future endeavours
Applicants may apply for up to:
• $150 for NT opportunities
• $300 for Interstate opportunities
• $500 for International opportunities
For more information
To discuss your application or for any questions related to the Community Grants please contact Council's Community Development Officer on (08) 8983 0600 or email here